Monday, January 31, 2011

I've got that loving feeling

After a stressful day at work and a busy weekend that has left me a little battered and bruised (I thought it would be a good idea to try snowboarding after a few glasses of wine ... turns out it wasn't) I needed a little pick me up.

So I started looking at old emails that people had sent me of neat wedding decorations. If anything can cheer me up it is paper flowers, pinwheels and colorful flags. But I found something even better then that! A slide show that my wonderful bridesmaids Kacie and Allian put together for our engagement party last fall.

It made me so happy to watch it again after not seeing it since it was created a few months ago that I just had to blog it!

Warning: It is a pretty long slideshow AND to all close friends and family, you will make an appearance in this video, and are more then likely obviously intoxicated and gushing love all over me and Dan. You have been warned ...

Now to get a little sappy.

When I watch this video, I feel so happy to have all the awesome friends that I have. I feel so grateful for Mavis, Taylor and Rachel who are the best family a gal could ever ask for and I feel so lucky to be entering the Phipps clan who are just as wonderful. But mostly, the thing I feel when watching this video is deep affection for my best friend and love, Dan.

Ahhhhh ... I know you are all squirming with the blatant PDA I just released on you. BUT it is true.

Not everyone gets to marry someone that lets them act and be so completely themselves, no matter how ridiculous or silly that may be. I am blessed to have found that person. The person who will love me no matter what, who will encourage me to be a better person and chase my dreams, and who is, quite simply, just fun to be around.

I think I may have just wrote my vows. That wasn't so hard!

But I'm sure it won't sound anything like that on the wedding day because I will be bawling to hard.

I cried at the Disney movie Tangled because I was so happy at the end when she found her family, I don't know how and the heck I am going to make it through my wedding without hysterically sobbing the whole way through.

Can't wait :)

2 comments:

  1. This is the best thing I've read in a long time...you do have something fantastic. But I'd venture to say that ol' Danny Boy hasn't done too badly for himself either! Keep writing...it's the next best thing to sitting at the table with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ew gross. :) Just kidding, I'm so happy for you crazy kids :)

    ReplyDelete